Sunday, 28 April 2013

Dolce & Gabanna Make-Up | Eyeshadows | Gold Smooth Eye Colour Duo

Hello There!

So, if you've read a few of my posts you;ll realise that my favourite make-up brand is Dolce & Gabbana. I know I'm a little bit different, everyone else loves NARS and MAC, but, hey, I'm a fruit loop in a bowl full of cheerios :)

If your going to start using D&G products, I'd recommend starting with the 'Secret Eyes Mascara' (review here). It has never let me down, and I always end up going back to it!

Anyway I digress. Today I'm talking about D&G eyeshadow.



Now, I'm a serious rookie when it comes to eyeshadow. I've been easing myself in, only buying low-end/budget products to get myself familiar with the different looks and techniques. But, I've decided to try more, and thought I'd start with my favourite make-up brand. 


D & G Make-Up | Eyeshadows | Gold Smooth Eye Colour DuoD & G Make-Up | Eyeshadows | Gold Smooth Eye Colour Duo

And here's what I got. I'm starting subtle and when I've perfected my technique I'll maybe get into brighter and bolder looks. But for now, I'm sticking with the 'Gold Smooth Eye Colour' palette. I say palette, its a duo with two eyeshadows. But I've been very pleased with them both! They come in a gold compact with and two sponge-tipped applicators. These photo's don't really do the colours justice. The swatches are better representatives of them - a true yellow, and a coppery brown, both metallic.

Here's the end result:


D & G Make-Up | Eyeshadows | Gold Smooth Eye Colour Duo
D & G Make-Up | Eyeshadows | Gold Smooth Eye Colour Duo


 I know that these aren't the greatest photos, but it does create a really natural look. The colours are glittery/metallic and I've learnt that products containing 'glittery bits' (like Rimmel's Wake-me Up foundation), give you a fresh, wide-awake look. Whenever, I've worn this, I been told that I look 'well' and 'awake' (which I hope are compliments). 


D & G Make-Up | Eyeshadows | Gold Smooth Eye Colour Duo


I also like that they aren't grey/darkbrown, which are the colours I've been sticking to until now because I love a good smokey eye. But I have decided that yellowy/orangey/browny tones are the go-to colours for me now. I think they work best with dark hair and pale skin such as my own, because they add a colour to my skin, and whereas dark eyeshadows can sometimes give me a sullen look, these lighter colours lift your eyes and make them look bigger and brighter!

D & G Make-Up | Eyeshadows | Gold Smooth Eye Colour Duo

The quality of these D&G eyeshadows is increadible. They last all day without any movement, even without eye primer (something which budget eyeshadows do not do!) They're really pigmented as expected, but are really buildable as well because they're a fine powder - so again great for smokey eye'd looks and blending. 

In these pictures I've teamed it with the Bourjois Queen Attitude Kajal eyeliner (review here) and Mac Zoomlash mascara.

So, overall, I've been loving this look, and plan to hit pan on these eyeshadows eventually, because I'll be wearing them everyday! I'm also going to be getting more colours as well and see what other looks I can come up with.

 What have you been up to this weekend? Anything planned for the week?
I'd love to hear in a comment :)

 Ciao for now, G x

6 comments:

Kathryn Sarah said...

I really like those golden tones, they're super pretty and your eyes are such a nice colour.

Kathryn x

http://enclosedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

Maybe Its Megan Leigh said...

I do love a gold eyeshadow. Golds & browns are my fave.
I have just posted a response to your Leibster award :)
Megan xx

maybeitsmeganleigh.blogspot.co.uk

Granny Gee said...

Oooh very pretty colours! The colour works really well with your eyes!

grannygee.blogspot.com

x

Abbey said...

Hey,
I'm quite a new follower but so far I love your blog.
I've recently nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award, which is an award for blogs which provides the recognition and they all have under two hundred followers.

If you have been nominated before, I'm sorry, people must just love your blog haha! If you want to participate in the award, then you can read more about it here on my blog post.
http://www.xdivinechaos.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/liebster-blog-award.html

Do not feel obliged to follow it on, it's just a bit of fun :-)

Happy blogging!

www.xdivinechaos.blogspot.co.uk
Abbey
xx

Caroline said...

I love gold eye shadows!

I am following you, follow back?
xoxo

www.fashionandstilettos.com

No money for High Fashion said...

love that golden tone! Your eyes are amazing!

By the way, thanks for your lovely comment! I immediately wanted to check out your blog, and I think it's really cute! Would you like to follow eachother? if so, tell me when you followed me on bloglovin' and/or GFC and I'll immediately follow back!

xxx, Lory

http://nomoneyforhighfashion.blogspot.ch/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...