Wednesday, 8 May 2013

Motivational Mantra of the Month 2 | May 2013

Hello There!

Phew, it's been a while since I last posted. Well 3 days felt like a long time...
So, as promised, this is the second installment of weekly mantras for May/June. They're on the theme of exams, and I hope that they'll get you guys through, but most of them can be applied to everyday life as well.


Anyone who's done exams (or even just something that's really important that you've spent ages preparing for) knows the disappointment when you come out of the exam (or whatever else) and you think it's gone bad. And I'm the kind of person who worries about it. And worries about it. And worries about it some more. 

I discovered this quote only recently and I wish that I'd have known it when I was doing exams last year. I'm the kind of person who really feels any kind of failure, even if it isn't really a failure, I just take it as though it is. So I really try and listen to that part of the quote.

But I also like the first half. Success doesn't really happen to me in the way that I want to, but I think, not letting it go to your head is really grounding, and reminds you to appreciate what you've got and not to go mad if things go the way you want to!

Hope this helps you all :)

Ciao for now, G x

2 comments:

Who is Thinkerbelle? said...

wow! thanks for sharing! :)


thinkerbellethoughts.blogspot.com

Kay said...

Uber cute blog! I love it!
Follow me and I'll follow back.
xx
http://www.lipglossandlattes.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...