Saturday, 6 July 2013

NOTW - Stripes & Spots | MUA & Sally Hansen |

Hello There!

This think I think I've gone a bit creative with my nails - I literally can't believe how adventurous I felt and I just went for it and had a go at striping tape. So here's my tutorial for this nail look :)

NOTW - Stripes & Spots | MUA & Sally Hansen |

1. So the first thing I did was cut the striping tape into inch-ish pieces and stuck them on an open drawer. 

NOTW - Stripes & Spots | MUA & Sally Hansen |

NOTW - Stripes & Spots | MUA & Sally Hansen |NOTW - Stripes & Spots | MUA & Sally Hansen |NOTW - Stripes & Spots | MUA & Sally Hansen |


2. I painted 2 coats of MUA's 'All Natural' on my nails. Wait until dry (7 mins ish)

3. Next I laid 5 strips onto my nails. You can put two next to each other to make thicker lines if you want. Do this for all nails except accent nails.

4. Paint your next colour on top. I used two coats of Sally Hansen's 'Black Platinum'. Apply layer 1 wait 30 seconds and then apply second coat. Then remove strips. It's best to do on nail at a time for this bit.

NOTW - Stripes & Spots | MUA & Sally Hansen |


5. Freehand dots onto accent nail with Dotter tool or cocktail stick. 

6. Finish the look with a top coat. I used Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat. This gives a glossy manicure look, evens out the nail surface, and dries really quickly (30seconds). 

Have you been creative recently? Let me know in a comment!

Ciao for now, G x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...