Tuesday, 26 March 2013

Dolce & Gabbana Make-Up | Secret Eyes Mascara | Crayon Intense Eyeliner

Hello there!
So, today I'm reviewing a Dolce & Gabbana make-up gift set. 

D&G Dolce and Gabbana Make-Up Boxset


It contains 3 items of make-up, 'Secret Eyes' Mascara, 'Crayon Intense' Eyeliner and D&G Eyelash Curlers. All of the contents can be purchased individually from a D&G counter or shop.


D&G Dolce and Gabbana Secret Eyes Mascara
D&G 'Secret Eyes' Mascara

So first I'll say this  - I love this mascara. I have tried at least 40 mascaras and this one I can just pick up randomly and love again. I've had it before and always go back to it. Here's why:

Most of the other mascaras clump easily for me - not a problem with this one. And I hate nothing more than looking like I only have 5 lashes. It's a lengthening mascara, and it does what it says on the tin - it lengthens. I also love the separation of the lashes that you get, giving a wide-eye effect. It seems to reach lashes I didn't even know I had! But if you're looking for really voluminous look you will have to apply a volume mascara over the top to get really long really thick lashes, (which I have done occasionally). 

It also doesn't have what I call a 'wet' look (ie Maxfactor false lash effect / Benefit 'They're Real') whereby if I look up within 5 minutes of applying the mascara, I have an imprint just below my eyebrow. This really gets to me and so I can't use those mascaras daily, but I can use this one everyday, yay! 

It's also really easy to remove. I know that sounds like it doesn't stay on for long - and that's not what I mean. I often find that I have a battle with mascara's to remove them and still end up with a panda eye the next day. Even with an oil-based makeup remover. Not the case with Secret Eyes! AND even though this isn't a waterproof mascara, it does last me the day and I don't have to top it up through the day. 

So that's a thumbs-up all round from me :)

D&G Dolce and Gabbana Secret Eyes Mascara
D&G 'Secret Eyes' Mascara, Black

I have to point out that it looks really good as well. I think that D&G really do spend the time to make their products look designer and the look really does make me spend that little bit more (as shallow as that sounds, we all have the inner gollum!). I've been really excited about this review, because I haven't seen many people talking about it yet,  and I haven't been more satisfied with a mascara. 

Having worn the mascara for the
whole day  (& through rain)

This mascara retails via the internet here for £23.50 + £5.95 delivery (yes I know it Harrods) but otherwise its available in D&G stores. 


D&G Dolce and Gabbana Crayon Intense Eyeliner
D&G Crayon Intense Eyeliner, 5, Black

Ok, so not such a hefty review for the Crayon Intense Eyeliner, just short and sweet. It's almost a kohl pencil, but not quite. So for me, its the perfect combination. I have some serious issues with eyeliners not staying put, and I will contest that this doesn't buck the trend for me. BUT, it's really nice to apply, very smooth application and goes where you want it to, and I have been very pleased with it. It also has a smudger thing at one end which I always find a useful addition. It's available in a variety of colours for £18.00 + delivery from here


The eyelash curlers are good quality, but nothing special if I'm honest. I haven't been able to find them online, but I'm sure they're available from a D&G counter or shop. 

I hope I've persuaded you with the Secret Eyes Mascara - you won't be disappointed!
You'd make my day if you subscribed to my blog

Ciao for now x


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...