Monday, 13 May 2013

Hauling It About | Drugstore Hauls | Elf, MUA, W7

Hello There!

I've been hauling it about recently so I thought I'd show you some of my spoils from my sprees. 

I've noticed that we don't really cherish the really budget brands over here in the UK. I know that MUA has made its name in the budget make-up zone recently, but before that range came out, the other budget brands - technic and w7 were usually overlooked.  

Whereas in the USA - ELF has long been regarded as a 'good quality' but insanely affordable make-up range. So I went on their site to grab the Mineral Eyeshadow Primer and then I saw on their site that it was buy-one-get-one-free and I couldn't not buy more stuff off it. Oh well...  So, apparently their blushes are great, so I was sure to pick one up - this one is 'Candid Coral' and I'm really excited to try it out!

The other pick I've been enjoying is the w7 Honolulu bronzer, which is amazing. It's evidently a dupe for the Benefit Hoola bronzer, but I think this is just as good. At a measly £2, I'd have tried it anyway because I always get excited when I find a really cheap product with the same quality as a higher end product - those gems have to be found somehow!

And an update on me would be that I've had some highlights put in my hair, which I'm going to be building up because I want a lighter look for summer, but I may give up on them and just dye it blonde. I've done the sad thing of using Photoshop to make my hair blonde, and I'm not sure whether that with my skin tone I'm going to look really washed out, so I thought I'd start with the highlights. I used to dye my hair blonde from when I was 10-12yrs old (I actually can't believe my parents let me!), anyway, my skintone has just got paler and paler since then, so it might not be the same now. But it has taken me this long to dye my hair again - I had to grow my blonde out last time, and it took 2 years - I looked incredibly strange until it  grew out of my fringe.... So I've decided to do it all over again :)

Have you been hauling it about recently? Are you changing your hair for summer?
Let me know in a comment  - I'd love to know!

Ciao for now, G x

2 comments:

Maybe Its Megan Leigh said...

The w7 Honolulu bronzer sounds fab.
Megan xx

www.maybeitsmeganleigh.blogspot.co.uk

Jeeshan Umar said...

loved your haul girl :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...