Sunday, 14 April 2013

Budget Nail Foils/Wraps | Worth the Money?

Hello There!

So, today I'm talking about Nail Foils/Wraps. 
Every time I go to Poundland (I love it there!) or discount store, I always see these nail foils on display in their beauty sections. So a few weeks ago I decided to give them a go and bought a pack. 


I didn't have high expectations for them, and they ended up in my nail box for a few weeks. But, I stumbled upon them one day last month and thought for fun I'd put them on instead of nail polish. The instructions for applying them are pretty simple - stick on, then rub off overhang with nail file. 

And I was rather impressed with them. I thought - yeah, they're just going fall off after 10 minutes. Or not... They lasted like 2 weeks and even then I had to work to get them off my nails. So full marks for staying power.

There's also no denying that they are pretty cute designs. There's also an endless amount of designs on the shelves, it's just about having time to sift through them when you're bombarded by people in the shops. 

My only issue is the width of the nails. Or rather the shape in general. They're generic straight up-and-down and don't really accommodate for the fact that nails are curved. If you look closely at the picture, you can see that about 3mm of my nails are showing at the side. But it's not that big an issue, and I still wore them for weeks regardless. 

And the evidence that I enjoyed these nail foils? - I now have several more packs of them... What more can I say?

Have you been experimental in your nail-wear recently?
Let me know in a comment!

Ciao for now, G x

1 comment:

[DamaVerde] said...

I have bought some nail foils from Kiko and Sephora and they are quite nice. But... if I can buy good nail foils from poundland... that's really good to know! xD

gardeninshadow.blogspot.co.uk

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...