Thursday, 4 April 2013

SKII | Airbrushed Foundation

Hello there!

My subject for today is about airbrush foundation. 
I've recently been using the SKII Air-touch foundation and I've fallen in love with it. 

SKII Air Touch Foundation

So what is it exactly? - Honestly, I'm not sure. It took me a few goes to get the gist of how to use it. 
You basically hold this about 20cm away from your face and press the button. You then feel a slight mist against your face. The mistake I made initially was to hold it really close to my face to try and get coverage that I could see straight-away. But I just ended with patches. When I left it further away from my face for about 30 seconds, I opened my eyes and was astonished! I have never seen my foundation look so seamless. It was completely even coverage. - COMPLETELY EVEN. It adjusts the amount of foundation to your skin tone, so it covers any blemishes. 

I know it sounds clichéd, but I looked airbrushed (in a good way). 

SKII Air Touch Foundation SKII Air Touch Foundation

SKII Air Touch Foundation


  However, as the saying suggests (falling in love), you're likely to get hurt, and my heart has been broken - it's discontinued. And, it got discontinued so long ago that I can't even buy refills on ebay or amazon.


So I have now embarked on a new quest - to find a new airbrushing-machine thing that will give me the same completely even coverage. I've also read online that I can fill this will the MAC Pro Airbrush Foundation, so I think that will be the first avenue I will try. 

I have been so impressed by this product that I will 100% be trying alternatives and I encourage you too, because my bet is that you won't be disappointed. But, I'll update you on my progress in further blog posts :)

Has your heart been broken by a discontinued product?
Have you tried airbrushed foundation? 
If you have an alternative please tell me in a comment!

Ciao for now, G x

16 comments:

OLIVIA said...

I have never heard of airbrush foundation... I guess it's not really a thing in Canada :( but sounds sweet!!
I'm really lovin' your blog! Would you like to follow each other?
Check out my blog and let me know (if you want!)
xo

http://withlov32012.blogspot.ca/

Cassandra Liu said...

Always love SK II product especially the skin care but never try the foundation. Will love to try sometimes.
I would love for you to check out my blog and maybe we can follow each other?

www.wear2day.com

Laura Verzeletti said...

Thanks for your comment! I'm your follower now, hope you can do the same!

New post: http://themilkandmint.blogspot.it/2013/04/be-mine-valentino.html

Style-Delights said...

I hate when they discontinue a product I love!
BTW, following you on GFC now, follow back? Hope you are having a wonderful day!
-Jyoti
Style Delights Blog

Yania - Mi vida en sueños said...

Hi!!Thanks for visiting my blog ;) I follow you!

www.mvesblog.com

dk said...

thank you :)
of course we can. do you start following?

x
dahi

crystal oddity said...

Hello:)
You asked me on my blog about following each other:)) so, yeees I'd love to follow each other:) I'm following you now;) and hope you'll follow me back:*

Mary Kapsi said...

Hello, great blog, sure and we can follow each other! Following you on bloglovin as gfc is coming down on june :)
MaryFashionLove
MaryFashionLove on Bloglovin

dk said...

i'm following too :)

Style by Three said...

Great post!! Never kept a lot of loyalty to products, but if they discontinued Dior Forever foundation I'd be mad! We’re now following you via gfc :)

Hope you visit us and follow back if you like! Style by Three Blog
Facebook
Win an amazing bag

Marisa Cavaleiro said...

I'm your follower now! hope you do the same!

OLIVIA said...

Following you back!
Stoked to be following each other
xo

http://withlov32012.blogspot.ca/

modishYou said...

Such a great blog!
Maybe we can follow each other via bloglovin and gfc?
I can't wait to see your next post !

www.modishyou.blogspot.com

Sofia Donatelli said...

This seems like a great product! Thanks for the recommendation.

I am following you on Bloglovin, would love for you to follow me back. Thank you:)

Sofia

stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

Corinne said...

My hear is broken by my air freshener that is discontinued, ha!

I hope you find a new air brush that works for you, let us know how the mac product goes, is it expensive?

Corinne x
www.skinnedcartree.com

Instant Milk said...

Cool! Thank you for sharing!

Visit my blog sometime, and if you enjoy being there as much as I enjoyed your blog we can follow each other ;)!

Here are the links to follow each other:
Instant Milk link

Facebook page link

Bloglovin link

Come by soon, and stay in touch!

xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...